question

Trevin Corkery avatar image
Trevin Corkery asked

BMV 712 - Incorrect SOC

I am getting inaccurate results with my BMV and maybe someone can help me with why.

Battery Capacity: 244AH
SOC: 82%
Consumed AH: -100AH

So anyways the 82% says that 200AH is left. (82% of 244 is 200.08)

But my actual capacity left is 144AH currently, which is 59% of 244.

(244 - 100 = 144
144 / 244 = 0.59)

So does it unsync it's self if you don't fully charge it everyday? Or what could be happening.

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spirou avatar image spirou commented ·

There have been many questions such as yours here. The bottom line is that SOC reading depends on parameters in the BMV and will never be absolutely accurate no matter how much you play with settings. What probably happened in your case is that charge efficiency is set wrong.

I would leave the batteries on charge for as long as is required to get them actually full. Then do a manual SOC sync. Then experiment what CE, tail current, charged voltage etc. settings work in your case.

If your CE setting is set too low, you will notice the consumed Ah will still be negative while your charger already stops charging.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
handy avatar image
handy answered ·

Hi, Previous response from Spirou sounds right and helped fix this issue for me, also agree that the SOC is estimated values rather then absolute.

Also found that updating the firmware versions of equipment helped.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic