question

cruisey1987 avatar image
cruisey1987 asked

Quattro with Solar diverter & EV charger

Hi all,

I'm trying to spec out a 6kWp solar system with a Quattro 48/8000 and a 48V/200Ah lithium battery. The solar panels will be connected to the DC input of the Quattro

I have an EV and would like to use a Mienergy Zappi charger to charge the EV using solar power as much as possible. I'd also like to use a PV diverter (Mienergy eddi) to heat the water after the batteries have been filled in summer.

Ideally I'd like to design the system so the EV charger and immersion heater don't drain the battery bank.

From my understanding of the Quattro manual, I should connect these loads to the AC-2 output which will only use Grid power.

My question is, will that also prevent the EV being charged from Solar power? If so is there a better way to connect the system, for example can the Quattro prevent the batteries from being drained when particular loads are active?

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image
Riaan Barkhuizen answered ·

Hi @cruisey1987,

Have a look at the following link.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/38160/bmw-i3-charging-on-an-victron-quattro-ess-lifepo4.html?childToView=38225#answer-38225

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best Regards
Riaan

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic