question

johnbroome avatar image
johnbroome asked

Difference between Remote Config file .RVCS and .RVMS

Hi

Your editorial shows the downloaded data as a .RVCS file. When I down load the file it comes as a .RVMS file.

The will not open with VE Config latest version.

What can I try?

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Dear @johnbroome,

Downloading a remote configuration file can give 2 types of file depending on the installation.
If it is a single unit installation you will download a .RVCS file that you can open with VEConfigure. If it is a multiple unit installation (parallel or 3phase) you will download a .RVMS file this you can open with VE.Bus system configurator. This contains the configuration of the installation and of each individual unit. It should also work if you double click the downloaded file. Then it should open the correct program.

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

craigh avatar image
craigh answered ·

I've only just figured out - if you have downloaded an .RVMS file and it opens in VE.Bus System Configurator, click on the Phase box (eg L1) to view all inverters present there, then right click on an individual inverter and click VE.Configure Multi to open it in VE Configure.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic