question

Robin avatar image
Robin asked

Limiting charge currant from generator to multiplus

Hi, I am getting a multiplus 12/2000/80a-30/230. I need to limit the power it will take from my generator to charge battery's. Do I need the control panel or can set limit through the ve configured software

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You do not need a remote panel. You can do it in VE.Configure
Be aware though that there is a minimum limit. With that model MultiPlus, the minimum limit is 4.5A (~1KW).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

See firmware file section on https://professional.victronenergy.com for an excel sheet with input current limits for all models.

And see here for more info about our products and generators.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

0 Likes 0 ·
Robin avatar image
Robin answered ·

thanks, just to confirm. at the moment we run a pheonix compact. we only use around 200w of pwr. on bad days we charge batterys with ip22 30amp charger via 1000w 3.9 amp honda inverta suitcase geney. is it not possible to limit the multiplus charger down to 30a or 20a charge torun of this geney. thanks again

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

You can limit the charge current permanently with VE-Config, or you can even use one of the inputs to 'dial' the wanted current, with the 'carge current control' assistant.

The input current limit sets the total AC input current limit, but as long as you don't put too much load on the output of the multi, you can use a small generator / shore supply to charge your batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic