question

leftishut avatar image
leftishut asked

MultiPlus delivered with broken case enclosure

I have purchased a victron 24/1200 twice now. The first came with a broken case. I sent it back. I ordered another and it came broken too! The same way. The plastic case screw mounts were broken. The quality control sticker was not signed. Are there second on the market? I paid normal price. Any chance the workings are good on this and just th case is bad? (I have a deadline)

Edited by Guy Stewart to remove product serial number - 2019-12-17

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

@Leftishut, I strongly advise getting in touch with the authorized distributor from whom you purchased the device; although I've certainly seen these units more banged up than this and still working fine, I advise against trying it because you never know what component might have shaken loose in the process.

If the order was Fulfilled By Amazon, the Victron boxes may have been banging around a warehouse for months before shipping out to you - and in cold warehouses where the plastic becomes more brittle, I'm not entirely surprised to see this sort of damage.

You should be able to find the original seller on your Amazon order page and reach out to them, or use Victron's handy tool for tracking down the seller based on the unit serial number; if you reach out to them individually I think you'll have a better chance of receiving an intact unit than when it's being sent out by the Amazon drones.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leftishut avatar image leftishut commented ยท

The first one was from a company selling through amazon. Then I bought a replacement Dirrect from them and they kicked it amazon for delivery even though that was exactly what I didnโ€™t want. 90% of my buys were from an authrized source but 4 things were sourced from amazon.

The company apologized and is getting out another one Dirrect. It will still be 5 days but hopefully with less rattling

0 Likes 0 ยท
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook โ™ฆโ™ฆ leftishut commented ยท

Ahhh I see... I understand the company's difficulty, as my company sells on Amazon as well and there are certainly times when our only stock on a particular item is the stock we've shipped to Amazon's warehouses for FBA. It's not necessarily a bad reflection on them, tho certainly I would have expected that when you ordered direct from them they would have shipped directly as well.

Well, hopefully your new unit is better, good luck!

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic