question

Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin asked

EM112 vs ET112 smart meter

My preference is to install the EM112 because I want the local visual display as well.

Does Victron support the EM112, in the same way as the ET112 meter is supported?

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mihair avatar image
mihair answered ·

They are the same except display and power rating.

Be aware that only Mobus RS485 model is supported

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin answered ·

Thank you.

There seems to be some confusion about the "EM" rating, some sales sites say it's 45 Amp rated, whilst Gavazzi's documentation states it is 100 Amp rated.

I've dropped G's sales team an email for clarification.

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Howsit Phil_Gavin

The EM112 is 100A (double DIN width).
The EM111 (which I use) is 45A (single DIN width).

As MihaiR said, make sure that they sell you the Modbus version, too many sales people don't realize that there are three different communications options. The part number must have "S1" towards the end of it.

Datasheet: http://www.gavazzionline.com/pdf/EM112DS.pdf

2 |3000

Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin answered ·

Thanks again, sales sites like this link below only add to the confusion.

https://www.energymonitorsuk.co.uk/carlo-gavazzi-em112-single-phase-45a-direct-connect-with-modbus-rs485-output

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

It is this very site that I was thinking about when I made reference to sales people who don't know what they are selling.
Also, I ordered my meter from these very people and my order did not arrive. I had to go through the rigmarole of getting my money back.
I got mine from Farnell in the end.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic