question

Janek Plathe avatar image
Janek Plathe asked

ESS / Phase compensation not accurate / to slow or VRM calculating grid consumption false?

Hi Folks,

i have a tricky question in regard to ESS and Phase compensation.

After feeding my house solely from the battery for a certain time (even days) i noticed that acc. to the VRM Dashboard significant amounts of energy (Kwh rather than watth) were utilized from the grid (I confirmed this via an independent bidirectional energy meter)

ESS and Phase Compensation is activated and I can see that the inverter is constantly compensating for the consumption on the Grid Phase 1 & 2 in order to reach the set 0 watt grid consumption aim set in the settings. Of course in case of sudden large consumers are switched on / off the Inverter is regular “to Slow” to compensate or “overshoots” energy into the grid and It is clear for me that of course the inverter will never be fast enough to compensate sudden consumers on a different phase resulting in small amounts of feed in / consumed energy from the grid. But I did not expect that I use 30-40 % energy from the grid during 24 hrs even if I was inverter/discharge mode at all the time and never even closely exceed the capacity of the inverter.

I have an Multiplus II, grid tied with ESS and active phase compensation, 3 Phase measuring via ET340.

I see 2 possible error sources:

The ETH340 is installed at the wrong place, or the ET340 himself is adjusted wrongly (and I have no clue how to adjust)

Any ideas or is that normal?

Multiplus-IIESS
v1.jpg (71.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.