question

Jaison Curtis avatar image
Jaison Curtis asked

BYD L Box Parameters

I can't find the Discharge Current Limit shown anywhere for the 14kW battery bank. I have GX version 2.33 firmware and two batteries (28kW).

Please can someone advise what this should show and if possible where this is shown on a Victron web page?

Thanks.

BYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
stevo07 avatar image
stevo07 answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jaison Curtis avatar image
Jaison Curtis answered ·

Thank you. I have looked at this page continuously but been unable to locate the answer.

I can see the calculation for 2.5kW batteries but not for 3.5kW. I have multiplied the stated 140A by 3.5/2.5 and got 196A. But only 170A showed and now with two banks I have 340A.

With the firmware update this page suggests that 2.5kW cells are now 50A each which makes my readout even lower.

1 comment
2 |3000

Unfortunately with varying models and firmwares out there now (even some different between modules in the same bank), it is now not possible to be precise with the exact expected number.

It is fine as long as the figure is ROUGHLY right. The purpose of checking the parameters is to make sure you are not missing a whole module somehow.

I personally have not tested the 3.5 kWh models.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jan Zmrhala avatar image
Jan Zmrhala answered ·

Hello, for one 3.5 kWh module is 70A, for 4x3.5 kWh is 4x70=280A, if you have two of them then multiply by 2. This setup is done in Ve.Config. Than on the remote console you will see the menu BYD box and in the parameters tab you will have probably limit charge/discharge current automaticaly set by BYD BMS to 204A. I’m not sure how it will look like with 2 BMS and two 14 kWh baterries. Do you see 2xBYD box on the remote console, or just one? What the parameter tab says?

2 |3000