question

puredriveenergyltd avatar image
puredriveenergyltd asked

How does a single Multi do Phase compensation in a 3 phase ESS

Hi,

I have fitted a number of single 48/3000 Multi's in a 3 Phase system and they work brilliant really pleased but can anyone explain how this works? I have read the documentation but really need to understand further to sell this better to the end users. Please help.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

blue-sails avatar image blue-sails commented ·

Is the rating of the 3-phase PV inverter much larger than the Multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

puredriveenergyltd avatar image
puredriveenergyltd answered ·

Hi WKirby, I did say I read the documentation. What I'm trying to understand is how the multi can push and pull energy through one phase to balance the system - is this to do with 'Net metering' or the fact that there is a common neutral or something else. I know the system works and works well especially as the German market has a lot of this type of install, but I have a few people that even when you show them the documentation still don't understand it. If you can help further please let me know. Kind regards Paul

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I'm sorry, I did not know which documentation you had read, and that I linked to was the best explanation that I know of.
It's about Net Metering than anything else. I see it as a best effort to get the incoming energy meter to read and average of 0W as it measures across all three phases even though you only have one MultiPlus on a single phase.
It doesn't do any current sharing or phase shifting on the neutral if that's what you mean?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic