question

michael-parks avatar image
michael-parks asked

victron phoenix 24/375 into ac1 of multiplus II

i would like to use the smaller phoenix for smaller loads then have it switch to the larger multiplus II 24/3000 when needed.so im basically treating the 375 inverter as shore power and that power would go to my rv transfer switch then to the multiplus. so if i plugged everything in what is the default way that it will operate? does it automatically switch to the multiplus when i run out of power? or is there some settings i need to adjust somewhere?

also i dont want to pull power from the battery via phoenix and then charge the battery via multiplus. where do i go to turn this feature off?

i also have a cerbo gx hooked up with ve.bus connection for multiplus and a ve direct cable for the phoenix.

rv-wiring.jpg

software
rv-wiring.jpg (87.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

No.

Besides being an unsupported configuration right from the start, this simply won't work as you think it will, and will cause you all sorts of problems - and potentially damage your components.

Please talk to your distributor, or consult a reputable and experienced systems installer for assistance.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

niklas-schauberg avatar image
niklas-schauberg answered ·

daisychaining a phoenix to a multiplus works in general, but I think the 375 is very small in comparison to your MP. you would have to limit your MP to 1A/230V or 2A/110V max. this seems a bit super low end for me.

why don‘t you use the transfer switch between the MP and the loads?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic