question

RickS avatar image
RickS asked

Need to receive alarm notifications

Hello all,

Experienced a depleted battery yesterday due to a blown fuse and realize that I need to be better prepared and receiving alarm notifications is what I need.

I have a 500A Smart Shunt, it's all working fine...

What next is needed to get either push, email or... when my shunt triggers an alarm?

Thanks, Rick

push notifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Have a look on the Victron communication centre page.

https://www.victronenergy.com/communication-centres

Many people here have a Cerbo GX device, but this is expensive for a single battery monitor and needs to be connected to a router, Vicyron can provide an LTE add on. It is good for larger systems.

A cheaper device is the GlobalLink 520 but it is still a lot for a single battery monitor.

One device that may be of interest in the VE.Direct LoRaWAN - module. I have no experience with this and it will depend on the LoRaWAN coverage where you are.

All these send data to VRM, the Victron cloud service which is free, can be logged onto anywhere you can get the internet to monitor your device and you can set up alarm notifications by email. If you add the VRM.app to your phone then you get alerts on your phone also.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic