question

Tony avatar image
Tony asked

Pylontech and BMV-712

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting 8 Pylontech US2000 Modules. They will be in 2 banks of 4. I will also be geting a Venus GX.

Do the Pylontech have the same problem as some other lithium batteries with the SOC being inaccurate at load loads? Is there be any benefit to having a BMV-712 with the Pylontechs?

Many thanks

Tony

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I have found the Pylontech batteries to be quite accurate, to loads of around 10W.

I don’t think a BMV-712 is necessary.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tony avatar image Tony commented ·

Thats good news as it saves some money. Thanks for your answer Guy

0 Likes 0 ·
Marc Heymans avatar image Marc Heymans commented ·
If I already have a BMV setup for lead acid batteries and I am converting to Pylontech, can I use the display of the BMV to give me an accurate SOC of the Lithium batteries?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Marc Heymans commented ·
@marc@sunrayinstaller.com

If you already have it still use the Pylontec for comms etc with GX. It is important they have proper control over the system.

You can still have the BMV if you really want to, but to install will end up cutting the nice Pylontec cables to install it. I would not use as part of the system. But maybe as a display in an easy to read position on the install for quicke reference?

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ Marc Heymans commented ·
I removed my BMV from the system when I converted to Pylontech batteries.

I doesn't serve much purpose anymore. I moved my BMV to my Development system, it works nicely there.
You could also re-purpose it as a DC Load monitor in future when this facility becomes available.

0 Likes 0 ·