question

volcan95 avatar image
volcan95 asked

Connect two mmpt together.

Can I connect two smart mmpt 150 / 35 together , so they can both sync and charge my battery bank. Will they sync together via Bluetooth or do I need a different mmpt that uses a cable to be able to sync this together?

as I want to add more panels to my system but this will cause it to be over the 150v max voltage allowed. I tried looking in to this but could not find much information.

mmpt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

This is properly documented in the MPPT manual. Please start by reading that cover to cover.

MPPT's cannot share panels, they cannot be connected in series.

Parallel connections are perfectly common as is using ve smart networking to coordinate them.

The search bar here will also find many similar questions.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

roks avatar image
roks answered ·

I've been looking into this as well, I have 2 150/35's, not setup yet, spec sheet does not mention the parallel and never thought of it, I just assumed you could just connect the output to the busbar for the battery bank.

Recently I came across spec for 250/70-Tr and noticed that said Parallel: Yes, but not synchronized

I then looked at the 150/60-Tr, that had Parallel operation Yes: up to 10 units can be synchronized with Bluetooth.

1 comment
2 |3000

Must have been looking at old specs, or specs for an old BlueSolar? Current SmartSolar MPPT 250/70-Tr's can be synced via BT or VE.CAN

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-SmartSolar-charge-controller-MPPT-250-70-up-to-250-100-VE.Can-EN.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic