question

jhass1 avatar image
jhass1 asked

Pylontech UP2500 connection to Venus GX

I have 4 pylontech UP2500 connected to a VENUS GX and Smartsolart MPPT 150/60. On Victron connect I see a battery percentage on the top level but no battery appearing on the device list. The Smartsolar does appear, as does the Multiplus 5000 inverter. should the battries connect to the Venus GX via the Victron CanBus BMS TYPE B cable or should the batteries connect directly to the inverter using this cable? Help please.

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bvermeiren avatar image
bvermeiren answered ·

Dear,

Wanted to make a new question but i see it has asked already.

Before writing anything we tested and did everything we could and see what Victron explain and said.

As from May 25, Victron has a new firmware 2.54 GX Venus where the new update is for Pylontec UP2500 24V

I have the following:

Venus GX firmware 2.54

MultiPlus 24/5000/120-100 with firmware 473 (connected with VE.Bus)

BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/70 (VE.Direct) with firmware 1.50

I have 2 X UP2500 24V pylontec batteries and i use the Can Bus cable Type B from Victron (yes the cable is correct inside even i tried reverse)

After installing everything it does not show up in my deveice list , my can bus is set at 500kb and my DVCC is on.

All setps where exaclty done how it was told in Victron website, but I cannot see the batteries in the deveice list.

Any help and comments are welcome.

2 |3000

nemo5 avatar image
nemo5 answered ·

Did you already solve your issue? As I have the same problem I wanted to know the solution.

Thanks

2 |3000

MrMatrix avatar image
MrMatrix answered ·

Hi @jhass1

The solution is to buy a special cable VE.Can to Can-Bus cable.
If using a Pylontech h then Type-B cable will be sufficient!

https://www.victronenergy.com/cables/ve-can-to-can-bus-bms
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:can-bus_bms-cable#introduction

2 |3000