question

mfred68 avatar image
mfred68 asked

Battery and lynx shunt not showing in my device list

I've just switched on my system for the first time, but for some reason only my cerbo gx is showing on my device list, my shunt, inverter and batteries are not showing. I'm thinking I may have wired the cat5 plugs wrongly. Is there a place to find out how to make your own compatible ve can and bus cables? Or could something else be wrong?

I wired the cables as 1 to 1, 2 to 2 3 to 3 and so on.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxLithium Batterylynx shuntdevices
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@mfred68

Ve can are straight patch cables, so are ve bus.

The only ones that are different are the type a and type b.

What shunt do you have?

did you use a terminator in the ve can port?

Make sure you are in the correct ports. I have seen that as a common mistake.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mfred68 avatar image
mfred68 answered ·

It turns out that the self made network cable was obviously made bad, as I tried a pre made cable, and it's showing up now in my device list. I also fitted a pre made straight network cable to my multiplus ii and to tje can bus on the cerbo, but this is still not showing up. Any suggestions? 1000037198.jpg

1000037198.jpg (203.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

MultiPlus-II (any MultiPlus or Quattro, actually) is VE.Bus, not VE.Can - it won't show up if it's not plugged into the correct port.

Have a look at the Cerbo manual for more information: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/connecting-victron-products.html#UUID-45296fbc-6298-b29c-2e54-7730edc3d313

0 Likes 0 ·
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·
2 |3000