question

Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton asked

MQTT Topics do not seem to be working/available

Hi folk... still trying to learn, sorry.

I got Modbus working OK and tested generator manual start and reading the CCGX relay state, both of which were fine.

I am now trying to get MQTT to work but struggling.

I understand the timeout/keepalive issue and have a plan.

I have sent a read to force the server to wake and report and have topics suscribed without an issue. Keepalive is manual whilst I am testing.

Looking at the Modbus Doc I can see it lists the dbus object path which seems to work when constructing an MQTT topic to subscribe to... at least some of them work.

I have subscribed to parent levels, to get a list of what is there and cant see what I am looking for, speciffically generator manual start right now.

The doc lists it as /generator0/Runtime, which is clearly wrong as runtime, which works with Modbus, is also listed with the same objects path, and also dosnt work.

Subscribing to N/0c........b9/generator/0/+ gets me 6 results, none of which are Runtime or ManualStart

SO... Either there is an issue with the document, server, or more likely what I am doing with it but whatever the issuw I am stuck.

Can anyone help with MQTT object paths?

I did wonder if it was my client not handling writable stuff but runtime isnt writable so it isnt tht.

I have tried $SYS/# but only got stats not a pat list

Any an all suggestions welcom and feel free to tell me I am being silly if that is the issue.

MQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
woodz avatar image
woodz answered ·

Hi,

for the generator manual start flag to set or observe via mqtt, you could use this topic:

'<N/W>/<your_portal_id>/generator/0/Generator0/ManualStart'

When observing, you'll receive:

{"value": <0/1>}
0: no manual start
1: manual start active

Same format can be used to set the flag via publish

I can confirm it's a mess with those topics nowhere documented completely. Guessing around is our daily employment

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources