question

testtttt avatar image
testtttt asked

Hard to use Node Red in Venus GX

Hello there,

I have a Venus GX and the firmware version is 3.31. When I updated to this newest firmware version with large image without doing anything, I already got a warning which said GX is overloaded and real-time communication is disabled.

I finally succeeded to deployed one flow using enable(safe mode) Node Red. But any changes made, even just adding a debug node, is hard to deploy. It's so slow and always crashes with the error: failed to deploy or failed to contact the server.

I tried to start the Node Red directly with enable Node Red deploying the above verified flow. I then failed to open Node Red via Venus OS Large which shows the installation seemed to not have a running Node Red service.

My flow is not big thus I suppose it's maybe related to Venus's memory limitation? I am wondering is any way to run Node Red better in Venus GX? Any insights on this would be highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!df.jpgtop.jpg

Venus GX - VGXNode-RED
top.jpg (14.6 KiB)
df.jpg (17.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@testtttt

Did you have node red running before? Do you have alot of Bluetooth devices connected?

Start with a factory reset. Update to the latest FW. Set your logging time to 15 minutes or longer. Then try re-set up. There is a handy widget called d bus round trip that helps with diagnosis as well.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

testtttt avatar image testtttt commented ·

Thank you for your help!

Yes, I used Node Red in Cerbo before, which worked quite well with even more complex flows.

Devices in my installation are as shown and they are all updated to their new FWs separately.

1716887465529.png

In the flow deployed in Venus GX Node Red, I get message from around 20 nodes published by Victron Dbus, e.g. SOC, battery power, PV production and so on. And do some calculation and then publish to around 5 settings provided by com.victron.settings service.

I have checked the dbus-round trip, it went crazy by itself.
1716888284697.png

Anything else I could check?

0 Likes 0 ·
1716887465529.png (21.6 KiB)
1716888284697.png (33.8 KiB)