question

ombaka avatar image
ombaka Suspended asked

Multiplus 24v 3000 va grid tie solar

Hi. I am a novice ant this, and I am not getting a clear answer from my engineer who advises buying a new inverter. I own a multiplus 24v, 3000va that I have been using as a power back up for the AC grid, with batteries. Is it possible for me to add solar panels to this set up and set up the priority to Solar - Grid - battery as back up, what do I need to achieve this apart from the Solar MPPT charge controllet? I’m thinking of setting up 4 solar panels of 550 watts each

ESSMPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Ombaka

Yes you can. Look at a 250/100 MPPT. And ESS. Or conditional ac ignore.

Do you have a GX or anything else victron in your set up?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ombaka avatar image ombaka commented ·
Thanks. I have no other device to use. My problem is the cost of a 250/100 mppt in Kenya is higher than buying a 3 KVA hybrid inverter from TBB. I was hoping to save cost and avoid waste by getting a 100/50 victron mppt and connecting 3 panels 550W) in series. The pvoc efficiency sums about 117 when at 80%. Though in my experience it tends to be even lower. My worry is what set up can I use to allow alternate battery charging from grid / solar. Is that even possible with this inverter?
0 Likes 0 ·