question

Pedro Lima avatar image
Pedro Lima asked

Victron ESS Three phase problem

We did yesterday an installation (Fronius Symo at AC-in) with ET340 meter, 1x Multiplus II GX, 2x Multiplus II 3000VA (last version with M8 battery terminals), and 15kWh BYD. Updated the firmware of all the inverters to 2629. GX version is 2.3. Phase numbers and direction its fine, works fine "default mode", with the three inverters charging the batteries from the grid, and inverting, but with ESS, it syncronizes with the grid for about 1second, and goes back to ESS invert mode. There's no error at all at the Venus, no #11 error, nothing, no explanation why is behaving like that. Grid is "other", and mains voltage is perfect, about 227v 50.2Hz.

Any help?

Thanks!

Multiplus-IIESS
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pedro Lima avatar image Pedro Lima commented ·

Is the Multiplus-II GX incompatible with the normal Multiplus II? The firmware is the same, and there's no incompatibility warning configuring the VE. Bus to three phase..

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Pedro Lima commented ·

It is compatible, though in the future may be more difficult to confirm exact hardware.

Do you have a VRM ID for the site?

0 Likes 0 ·
Pedro Lima avatar image Pedro Lima Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Here it is: 0281599edab0

(we left the inverters off, so they dont drain the batteries, so if you want to access the system, let me know with some hours in advance, so I can tell the customer to turn them on)

PS: nevermind those master missing errors, its was when I tried to update the firmware and configure everything from scratch

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Pedro Lima avatar image
Pedro Lima answered ·

Just so you know, the fault was that the "Ac-in" cable going from the main circuit breaker box into the garage (where the system is located), didnt had the neutral connected to the bus bar (on the main box). Electrician how did the house wiring fforgot to connect it.. strange it was showing 230v in on the inverters, but well, solved. Thanks.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @pedrolima

There is very little data online, so I cannot really find something yet.

Can you first please:

-update GX to latest version

-check if you have everything setup according to the manual (I see 59,2V Charge setpoint, so I think DVCC is off

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box

2 |3000