question

leverg avatar image
leverg asked

Timing watering system for garden via one of the Relays on the Cerbo GX.

Hi,

Is there some way to time the relay on the Cerbo GX for like 30 minutes ?

I,m new to Node Red an did create a dashboard with button which does work to power Relay 2 to siwtch on and off, however I would now like to time the on function for example 30 minutes and then turn it off by Node red/Cerbo. An perhaps also time for 30 mins on a specific time after sundown.

Is that possible ?

cerbo gxNode-REDRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Leverg

Yes this should be possible. You could add a cron or similar scheduling node to node red and do this easily. If not you can also use function node if you prefer. Similarly if you want more custom features you could write this in a function node.

Happy to help with specific function code if you can type out exactly what's needed under each scenario

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leverg avatar image leverg commented ·
Thanks, i,m gonna do some youtubing to get to know Node red some more. I do only know the basics now, but it,s very interesting.

0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image matt1309 leverg commented ·
no worries, just shout if i can lend a hand
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

if you look under generator autostart there is a area there already that allows you to do periodic starts, this closes and opens relay one, so you could use this feature thats already there

2 |3000