question

calumcgee218 avatar image
calumcgee218 asked

Issues with ET112 in ESS

I’m having issues setting up my ET112 into my ESS system, consisting of a Multiplus II GX with 2 x US5000 and 3 x MPPTs.

When I have my MCB open disconnecting the Inverter to the grid and distribution board the ET112 looks like it is reading fine. However as soon as I connect my inverter, the readings go completely wrong and I can hear the inverter ramping up and down and not staying steady. The load is staying constant.

I feel like I have the settings wrong for this so some help would be appreciated. Photos of the single line diagram and GX screen showing the ET112 reading correctly while inverter disconnected shown below:img-8200.jpgimg-8203.jpg

ESSess settingsess grid setpoint not reached
img-8203.jpg (3.0 MiB)
img-8200.jpg (4.5 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

What is your grid setpoint?

And what wrong readings do you get?

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

calumcgee218 avatar image calumcgee218 commented ·
My grid setpoint was 100W. And it was all over the place, even though the load was staying constant the loadings on the screen would fluctuate from 0W to around 300W and the Grid was was worse. It was almost like the inverter had no control which is why it was ramping up and down because it couldn't see what it was doing.
0 Likes 0 ·
duivert avatar image duivert calumcgee218 commented ·

How is the et112 configured? Grid meter?

What type is the multiplus?

How much pv power do you have, and is it generating power from solar when you turn the mcb on

Fluctuating is normal, with ess and setpoint at 100w, the multi is trying to keep as close to that number as possible

0 Likes 0 ·
calumcgee218 avatar image calumcgee218 duivert commented ·
yeah set up as grid meter.

I had about 15kW in totals of PV, it was trying to but again it would fluctuate from taking the load to feeding back into the grid (which i have set not to do) to then going to 0 and would constantly do this even when leaving it to run for 20 mins to see if it would settle. The ramping up and down cycle only takes about 5 seconds it doesn't settle at all which i thought it would with a steady load.

0 Likes 0 ·
What multiplus type do you have? 3000/5000?
0 Likes 0 ·
calumcgee218 avatar image calumcgee218 duivert commented ·
5000kW, i've just noticed that i had the current transformer connected first but when i took it out i never had put the link back in for the current sense terminals but sure if that would cause this issues.

Appreciate your help thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ah well lets see if that helps!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual