question

monkeyturnip avatar image
monkeyturnip asked

SmartSolor 100/20 over reading bat voltage and not charging

I have a Victron 100/20 MPPT. its connected to 2 x 100w solar panels in series.

It is only connected to my batteries and the load side is not connected. These are 2 new this year 115ah Halfords Leisure batteries.

Its been working fine charging my batteries with and without a load on those batteries. Then all of a sudden it starts to over read the voltage at 13.**v ), when my other volt meter (connected via a shunt) is reading 12.**v.

No matter what i do it wont read the correct voltage and just keeps the charging in "Float" so doesnt charge the batteries. If i do the cycle thing in the settings it then puts a charge into the batteries. This is also with everything disconnected except the panels as well.

The panels are working fine, and there is not issue with the wiring. Nothing physical change from when it was working till now. Is my MPPT fooked?

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ee21 avatar image
ee21 answered ·

If it is incorrectly reading the voltage as too high, then the simple fix I would think would be to increase the absorption and float voltage via the Bluetooth app, my MultiPlus was off by about 0.1V which is exactly what I did to compensate for that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @MonkeyTurnip

When this happens, usually it is a wiring issue or open fuse on the battery side.

How did you check the wiring?

Did you measure the voltage at the 'battery' terminals of the MPPT?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic