question

phynnegator avatar image
phynnegator asked

Working USB mifi device no longer recognized after v2.33 firmware update

I just installed my CCGX and was pleased to discover that my wifi access point, when plugged into a USB port, appeared under Ethernet and got right online. Then I updated the firmware to the current version (2.33) and now the device is no longer recognized (Not "plugged in"). Was this change intentional? If so, is there a way for me to revert to the version that shipped with my CCGX? My access point does not have an ethernet port and I'd always opt for a wired connection, at least to the device, whenever possible.

wifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, yes there is a method to install older firmware. Use the offline way (ie usb or sdcard) method of installing. All old firmware is here:

http://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/images/

And also there is a backup copy of orevious firmware; still on your ccgx. See Settings -> Firmware -> Backup

And no, no intentional changes. Sometimes we add a newer linux kernel and related drivers into a Venus OS update, and that could be the cause of this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic