question

tailele avatar image
tailele asked

Multiplus II GX configuration for ESS and charge management

Good morning, I have some questions about ESS and power management.

Finally after 1 month of installation I turned on my photovoltaic system. For those who are not tired of my posts, I have installed a Multi Plus II GX, with an MTTP 450/200, and for the moment a 7kWh storage system, waiting to complete the assembly of the second by mid-week. I've heard great things about the ESS system, however I've noticed that I can't enable it from the menu as it tells me I don't have the right components. I wanted to ask you for clarification on this matter, I thought that by purchasing a Multiplus GX, you could access the ESS, do any of you know if perhaps I'm making a mistake in some settings, or do I necessarily have to buy a Cebro GX?

The second question I would like to ask is that I currently have the multiplus set in inverter mode and when the energy inside the battery runs out, I am left without electricity, could the ESS solve this problem? Sorry for the many questions but I notice that it is not It's very simple to configure the system. In any case, the forum is very useful, in just a few minutes I managed to get the batteries to communicate via Canbus with the Daly BMS and the Mutliplus, as well as many other things. Truly congratulations

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Tailele

Didn't look at your history so maybe you have covered this.

Has the firmware been updated?

Has the system been programmed with base settings such as charge voltages and battery chemistry?

Have you programmed the ESS assistant onto the inverter?

And yes to use ESS you have to have a GX (but you have one built in so you are good there). See the manual. (And an MK3 to usb adaptor with the software ve configure and Victron connect)

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:start

Ve configure for basic settings.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VEConfigure_Manual/en/index-en.html

Victron connect firmware updates.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_configuration_guide_for_VE.Bus_products/en/firmware-updates.html#:~:text=Once%20you%20are%20connected%20to,the%20firmware%20update%20is%20complete.

It is a head bender if you have not had training and no experience. There is free training available on Victron professional.

You can also open both software programs up and run a demo mode and fiddle first to get the feel for things.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tailele avatar image
tailele answered ·

Thanks Alexandra for the reply.

I checked all the tutorials, but couldn't find any information anywhere. I actually hadn't configured the ESS assistant. Luckily there is an interesting video on YouTube on how to do this online via the VRM portal and two-way communication. I recommend you take a look.

I also answer my question, I saw that if the battery drops below 10%, it maintains it by drawing from the mains, very very well.

I would also like to ask you for advice regarding the reduction of the tariff. Do you by chance know if after the SOC (for example to 95%) it is possible to reduce the current sent to the battery, as in electric cars, for example to 5A? Thank you

2 |3000