question

meko avatar image
meko asked

GlobalLink 520 Logging interval

How to chance logging interval in GlobalLink 520 ?

globallink
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Meko As it stands today, "The GlobalLink 520 is intended to be a low-data consumer and sends cloud updates every 15 minutes." Victron also states in the manual it may therefore not be suitable for realtime alarm monitoring. It is not an adjustable parameter afaik.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

meko avatar image
meko answered ·

@ejrossouw Our GlobalLink 520 logging interval is now 1 day. Before it was 15 min, that was ok.

After power up changed to 1 day.

globallink-520.png

1712398090643.png (26.5 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·
@Meko My first question when problem solving is always, what has changed? Did your GL possibly lock onto another provider's network after the reboot, hence the problem? Common factor here is the reboot from what I gather in the other post. Do you both also happen to share a same location / network?
0 Likes 0 ·
meko avatar image meko ejrossouw commented ·
Only location changed. Last summer was same location and it work perfectly.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tapio Osala avatar image
Tapio Osala answered ·

We suddenly had exactly same problem: " Our GlobalLink 520 logging interval is now 1 day. Before it was 15 min, that was ok. After power up changed to 1 day".

We have our two Globals on Eagle/Osprey nests and it would be very important to follow remotely the power level. "1 Day" is not enough. We may be needed to use the relay remotely to reboot the camera/router. Could you please help to remotely change this back to 15 min interval. I can give the product ID....

2 |3000

christern avatar image
christern answered ·

My GL has from time to time showed a logging interval of 1 day. That has been when signal-strength has been low. It has all reset to showing normal 15 mins after a while.

What is your signal-strength for the last 24-48 hours?

2 |3000

meko avatar image
meko answered ·

@ChristerN Between 71 - 77 dB.

3 comments
2 |3000

christern avatar image christern commented ·
That is good. What is your current actual update frequency? Mine says currently interval 1 day but still updates every 15th minute. And my signal is a lot worse, around -85 to -95.
0 Likes 0 ·
meko avatar image meko christern commented ·
1 Day. Now its over 1 day...
0 Likes 0 ·
christern avatar image christern meko commented ·
Just saw the ”Last seen…”. Looks like the unit has lost contact with LTE-M network.

Shouldn’t have a good network connection now.

I guess you will need to go to unit and check what’s going on.
1 Like 1 ·
Tapio Osala avatar image
Tapio Osala answered ·

We will make a test with this kind of antenna today, even with a new normal antenna. Let's see if the problem will be solved...nayttokuva-2024-04-09-kello-92833.png

2 |3000

Tapio Osala avatar image
Tapio Osala answered ·

This proble is not solved...

Yesteday we took a new devise that was working perfectly 15 kms away.

We tried three different antennas. It only started to work with the old external antenna.

First connection was perfect: - dB about 75.

It showed again "1 Day" logging interval. That is normal with the fist connection but usually after 15 min new connection it changes to 15 min connection interval.

In this area 4G network should be perfect (even 5G).

After this first connection....no connections any moore...

The blue led is blinking...but nothing happens...

NOTICE ALSO, that there has NOT been any contact after 24 hrs. What previously the pervious device the several days. The blue led was blinking when arrived to this island...

2 |3000

Tapio Osala avatar image
Tapio Osala answered ·

Yestesday we moved an other Global 500 m to Osprey nest. Connection ok -71 dB BUT, after first connection it did not contact any more... Reboot> first connection ok but after a while total error = red led! Well, third reboot > now started working, and still works after 16 hrs.

Are there any other devises that would be more reliable?

2 |3000

Tapio Osala avatar image
Tapio Osala answered ·

Just wondering about the Global's 4G SIM. Could it have some issues?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic