question

tcason avatar image
tcason asked

battery balancer set up

I am adding a balancer to my battery system and want to clarify the wiring set up. I have a 24v 440ah configuration with 4 220ah gel cells. It is now wired with bussbars as recommended by Victron. Looking at the diagram in the balancer install sheet, it appears that the Common connection is simply wired into the midpoint circuit in the bank with the pos and neg terminals connected at the bussbars. Am I interpreting it correctly?

If this is the correct wiring set up, what is the actual balancing provided by the unit? Does it balance across the 2 series connected 24v cells only?

Battery Balancer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Have you had a little play with the Battery Balancer demo Web App?

It loads in your browser and allows tou to simulate differnt battery Voltages and shows how the Battery Balancer responds.

http://bb-demo.victronenergy.com/

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tcason avatar image tcason commented ·

Will do, thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

I've tried it in both Chrome and Safari and clicking the arrows does not seem to do anything.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Click and hold on the sliders to drag them up and down.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic