question

tehre avatar image
tehre asked

Pylontech parameters

Hi all,

im running 3phase MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 and 6x Pylontech US3000c with a CerboGX.

Which Parameters should be expected to be visible on VRM? Is there a list available? Asking as i only get some few values.

Let me know if you need more input about setup or something else.

Best

Tobias

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You should see all the parameters that you can see on the remote console tab for the battery. Advanced widgets should have a list when you try add them for the BMS.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tehre avatar image
tehre answered ·

Thanks for your reply.

Im asking as im wondering if the Battery pack is well balanced.

The SOC LEDs of each pack are very different, some are indicating 5 leds, others 2 and all between. So the gap is very high.

Wanted to know if theres an option to get all the cell voltages, min and max of the BMS status aren't indicating such a huge discrepancy, mostly only 0,01v difference.

6 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

All I've seen in the advanced widgets is min and max cell voltage. These show up under the BMS group.

Perhaps @Alexandra can shed more light.

1000016673.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
1000016673.jpg (251.0 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@tehre

Thanks @kevgermany

The depth of information depends on what firmware is on the batteries.

But the min list is ....

Pack voltage total.

Bank SOC - pylontec send an average I think. Each battery handles it's own SOC and charge anyway.

Bank temperature.

Cell voltage min and max.

CVL and DCL and CCL.

More details as to which cells and in which address in the pack that are high or low are in the GX itself.

If you open the battery group widgets in the VRM you will see what is available online.

If you have daisy chained they are not balanced between packs. The end ones charge up first and the centre follows on after. But you will find the middle ones will catch up if you have enough charge source through the day.

Each battery self balances cells at 90% SOC. So from that perspective each individual battery will stay healthy.

You don't need much more than what the system tells you and you have no control over most of it anyway. It will tell you if there is a problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
tehre avatar image tehre Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Hi @Alexandra

I have daisychained all 6 but build 2 blocks a 3 packs.

GX has detected all 6 packs but it seems it doesn’t get the correct values by BMS. As said the LEDs indicate very different SOCs so the difference between max/min should me more as on the widget (same as shared by @kevgermany) and on GX console are displayed.

So the only way to get the values of each cell will be via Pylontech com port?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ tehre commented ·

Ok so you don't have a long chain. Are they close on the bus bar though?

If you want in depth details. Yes. You have to use their battery diagnostic tools.

Are all the batteries the same firmware? The newest firmware should be master.

Have you set the system to keep batteries charged and seen if that fixes it? Make them all get to 100%

Sometimes their own SOC gets a bit strange. Is their SOH ok?

The only other way to individually check them is to connect one at a time to the GX and check them (system shut down of course)

0 Likes 0 ·
tehre avatar image tehre Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Alexandra

- only 1,5 meter to bus bar so its quite short ;)

- Firmware i havent checked, as i dont have the right console cable, but this seems to be my next activity. Have used the highest s-nr as master in case of latest firmware

- already had them on 100% but the different LED SOC just recognized some days ago

- SOH is on 100%, GX output

- ok yes that will be an option but not that handy, so as the BMS isnt providing the per cell data, only your suggestion or console cable will help

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ tehre commented ·

I guess our idea of short differs ;)`. Mine is more 2x lynx length.

If their voltages are right, then it's their internal calc that has gone off. It happens with some of them.

I had found on one set I had, we had to charge them up a bit higher than the usual recommendation for Victron.

0 Likes 0 ·