question

deniscroombs avatar image
deniscroombs asked

Moving victron 150/33 from 16 cell battery bank to 15 cell pylontech

Moving Victron 150/33 mppt from 16 cell battery bank to 15 cell pylontech (both 48v) and the 150/33 mppt will not revert from the 52.83v 16cell to 49.79 15 cell (pylontech)

I have checked the battery input voltage on the mppt and it is 49.79 BUT when looking at the battery voltage in the Victron app it shows the 150/33 mppt starts off saying the battery voltage is 49.79 but increased to the 52.83v of the old battery bank over the next 25 to 30 seconds.

I have tried the same with some other 150/33 mppt and 250/60 mppt changers and some work but some others do not (I have ( victron mppt units to move but so far only 2 have accepted the correct battery voltage) I have tried multiple times to use the the factory reset in the app but that has not worked 100% only on 2 of the 5 that I have tried so far.

Is there another way to do a FULL factory reset on these mppt units ?

Thanks in advance for all assistance you can provide.screenshot-2024-03-18-170009.png

48volt charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@DenisCroombs

If you have set to default, then they are reset.

Set the bulk/absorption to 52v

Float is 51v, just like in the Victron/pylon guide.

That being said...

Your system (mppt) shows the mppt under external control, this means that they are being controlled through DVCC by the battery - it is can connected right?

If you go to device list - pylontec and battery parameters in the GX you will see the pylon requests slightly over 53v from the system during bulk charge.

Is the GX giving errors or warnings? If not then all is well. The mppts are doing the right thing as instructed.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deniscroombs avatar image deniscroombs commented ·

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Set the bulk/absorption to 52v (That is what I did)

Float is 51v, just like in the Victron/pylon guide. (That is what I did)

That being said...

Your system (mppt) shows the mppt under external control, this means that they are being controlled through DVCC by the battery - it is can connected right? Yes that is correct

If you go to device list - pylontec and battery parameters in the GX you will see the pylon requests slightly over 53v from the system during bulk charge. Unless I set the MAX Charge voltage to 52.4v I get Error code: #67 - No BMS
Solar Charger [290] and I have been following this setup which recommended 52.4 to get a stable system: -

Victron & Pylontech UP2500, US2000, US3000, US2000C, US3000C, US5000, US5000B, US5000C, Pelio-L, UP5000, Phantom-S, Force-L1 & L2 [Victron Energy]

Is the GX giving errors or warnings? If not then all is well. The mppts are doing the right thing as instructed. Sorry I should have added to my original notes, but as soon as I put ANY panels on the PV supply to the MPPT the voltage is over 54v or 55V and then the MPPT does not charge the batteries as it is over the MAX of the Pylontech and then the Plyontech goes into error saying Voltage to high.

But the MTTP that do recognise the lower Plyontech voltage everything works perfectly as per the screenshot

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ deniscroombs commented ·
Do check that the fuse/breaker between the mppt and battery is intact.
0 Likes 0 ·
deniscroombs avatar image deniscroombs klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Yes the link between the battery and the Mppt is fully intact and the voltage is identical at both ends.

0 Likes 0 ·
deniscroombs avatar image deniscroombs commented ·

Following the steps in https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Pre-RMA_Bench_Test_Instructions/en/pre-rma-test-form---mppt-solar-charger.html and after doing multiple "reset to factory defaults" on these and based on the question/answer below (with no PV connected I assume I need to return these for warranty claim ?

My voltage on the units I am having the issue with is always over 2v to 4v higher that the actual battery input voltage and so not within the 1% allowed.

1710855332101.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1710855332101.png (41.5 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic