question

Peter Van Tienen avatar image
Peter Van Tienen asked

Digital Inputs - Bilge Monitoring - Node-Red?

So I have been testing a bilge pump connected to one of the digital inputs and using the alarm functions. Has there been any discussion to enhance the config of the digital inputs for devices like a bilge pump?

Having a bilge alarm is great, but I can see it also being an annoyance in its strictly binary format. Does anyone here want to collaborate on developing some enhanced bilge monitoring?

I do have the monitoring working through node-red, pretty easy to pull the status of the alarms etc, but I would like to work on the following:

1. Allow an alarm to be raised if the following criteria are met:
    1. If the bilge pump is energized more than x times in x amount of time
    2. If the bilge pump is energized and stays energized for a y amount of time
    3. If the bilge stops seeing 12v
  2. I would also like to see this data reflected in the VRM.

Can we make this a feature request for the CERBO and/or work as a group to develop some node-red capabilities in the meantime?

Has anyone else worked on anything similar?

I really do see the Cerbo playing a key role as a central device on a boat for smart boat tech.

cerbo gxNode-REDfeature requestbilge
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

atebee avatar image atebee commented ·

I've been doing some bilge related work with Node Red but more around notifications and generator start.

This scenario the bilge pumps are 230v so the generator is started if the bilge alarms. A SMS message is sent to relevant people to alert of the situation.

Not something I would expect ever be built in to VenusOS but great to have Node Red available!

Can share the flows once I've finished developing and testing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Peter Van Tienen avatar image Peter Van Tienen atebee commented ·
That would be great, I am happy to share whatever we develop as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Cerbo GX product page

GX family product range

Cerbo GX & GX Touch datasheet

Cerbo GX Manual

Venus root access document

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Webinar Part 1 - Intro to Node-Red

Webinar Part 2- Basic Palettes

Webinar Part 3 - Advanced example

Victron Node-RED for dummies guide by Fideri

Node Red Community Space (normally hidden)

Venus OS Large (Node-RED) manual

Victron Node-RED github readme

Victron Node-RED custom nodes docs

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.