question

Philip Kamau avatar image
Philip Kamau asked

Ignore AC function issues

I have three 8kVA Quattro inverters and a Fronius Eco installed on a site with an existing grid. I would like the grid to kick in when the State of Charge (SOC) is low or when the loads exceed the capacity of the Quattro inverters. I have configured the settings as follows: the 'ignore AC' setting was enabled only on the main inverter, and PV support was enabled on all three inverters. Prior to applying these settings, whenever AC1 was available, the inverters would immediately switch to AC1. However, after configuring the settings, I noticed that the inverter ignores AC but fails to switch to AC when the load is high or when the SOC is low, as specified in the settings. Below the detailed setup.

whatsapp-image-2024-03-15-at-122106-f926b9a7.jpg

ac ignore
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Philip Kamau

You use inverters... Plural? The master on L1 determine connection. I am not so sure AC ignore works so we'll on three phase systems.

Maybe try get creative with a version of this article. Makes it easier to customise.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Philip Kamau avatar image Philip Kamau commented ·
Thank you for this ... Would be keen to learn the experience others have had with Assistants for 3 phase systems.

Let me try this out, I will revert.

1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Philip Kamau commented ·
Is there a reason why you are not using ESS assistant?
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Philip Kamau

Try it without the Charge State selected..1710503061825.png

Also, you have Bulk Protection switching both ways when activated.

1710503061825.png (14.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Philip Kamau avatar image Philip Kamau commented ·
Moved to ESS and it is much simpler to manage the C input, input now with the exception that AC is always now on. But happier with the setup and its easier to navigate.
0 Likes 0 ·
Philip Kamau avatar image
Philip Kamau answered ·

I corrected but persists

1710940472221.png

1710940472221.png (119.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic