question

petaramesh avatar image
petaramesh asked

How to remove a device from GlobalLink 520 ?

Hello,
I have a GlobalLink 520 that shows all of my SMART devices, that's good, but it also shows an “unknown” device with just a MAC address, and says it was “never seen”.
I'm pretty sure this device isn't some other Victron that would be in range (for I'm just parked in the midle of nowhere) and I have the feeling that this might be the remains of my previous Orion Smart - which I had replaced.

It's no big deal but I would like to completely remove this device from my GlobalLink 520, and I can't find any way for doing so.
1710432063920.png

globallink
1710432063920.png (118.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël van de Giessen avatar image
Daniël van de Giessen answered ·

> this might be the remains of my previous Orion Smart - which I had replaced

That sounds correct. The GlobalLink stores devices that were enabled at least once based on their MAC address, but doesn't store the name in persistent memory. So devices that were out of range since the GlobalLink was powered on will only show up as a MAC address.

Currently there is not an option to remove specific devices from this list; but removing all devices can be done by resetting the device to its defaults (beware that will also reset all settings, including the BLE PIN, to their factory defaults).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic