question

semlohnhoj avatar image
semlohnhoj asked

Multi RS Display is blank! Maybe broken? Any suggestions?

This sounds worse than it is but since this morning, the display on my Multi RS Solar is blank? It's still illuminated and the unit is working perfectly, just no info displayed?

I was just plugging in a ve.can bus cable when it happened, or at least I think that's when it seems to have happened, I can't be 100% sure. I'm worried this may be an ESD issue but it seems a bit remote affecting the display at the other end of the unit?

I've looked through the settings and can't find anything that would disable the display. Is it possible it got some sort of corrupt message on the canbus telling it to blank the display?

I've power cycled the unit with the on/off switch (no change) though I haven't isolated the DC yet so I may try that tomorrow. I don't want to have to factory reset it if possible.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Multi RSdisplay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

There was another topic here where the display was garbled and ended up in changing the display module.

The display module is HD44780 compatible and if you have a spare and some technical skills you can try to change it.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/223432/mppt-rs-450100-display-corrupted.html

Alex

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Mutli RS Solar Datasheet

Mutli RS Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic