question

felicem avatar image
felicem asked

Victron Quattro - MQTT

Hi there,

I am experiencing situation where the voltage from the grid is present but too low and the inverters don't switch on grid depleting the batteries.

Is there any MQTT message confirming if the inverter is tied to the grid. So far I am still digging but unsuccessful . Does anyone know if such information is available on MQTT?

Thanks

MQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Is the system normally not inverting?

You can enable the grid lost alarm in the venus, accessible at dbus /Alarms/GridLost

You could also use VRM to trigger alarms/notifications on the state being "invert" or indeed on SOC.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

felicem avatar image felicem commented ·
Thanks for the hints. I will give it a try but I am looking for something in the MQTT allowing me to detect that the grid is there but the inverter is not tied to it (voltage too low)
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ felicem commented ·
That will trace back to all the dbus registers, so I would start at the git page that documents all of them. The data is available.
1 Like 1 ·
felicem avatar image felicem nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. On the Git page I found a parameter "source" which helped my resolving my need.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources