question

joeleeper avatar image
joeleeper asked

Cebro GX / Multiplus II 2x120 switch input label from shore to generator with transfer switch input

So I found a few threads back in 2022 and prior on this topic and it was not really possible back then that i can tell...

I have a Cerbo GX and Multiplus II 2x120 in and RV with stock RV auto transfer switch.

I am interested in the Cerbo GX being able to tell if the AC input is coming from shore power or generator power so that the diplay on my 70 Touch shows the correct input label, whether shore power or generator power. Generator Start/stop wants the AC in labeled Generator to know if the generator is running, but then it would count shore power as generator run time also?.

Is there a solid way for the Cerbo (or the Multiplus II) to know which input is being used?

Thanks, Joe

feed-in
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
Yes this is possible using Kevin Windrem's guimods. ExtTransferSwitch mod has been incorporated into the recent version of guimods. It requires adding a relay at the ATS to trigger a digital input on the cerbo. Individual ac input current limits can then also be set for generator and shore inputs.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Nope, the Cerbo gets its information from the MultiPlus and the MultiPlus only knows if it has incoming power, it doesn't know where it's coming from. You'd need a Quattro to be able to see that information, since a Quattro has 2 AC source inputs and can report that out to the Cerbo.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic