question

jkoffler avatar image
jkoffler asked

Touch 50 and controlling menu display while Touch Disabled

Hello all--

We have implementations of Touch 50 screens on our Victron installations. I'd like the screens to default to the display menu (not the settings) and disable the touch interface. We have successfully disabled the touch interface and have a workaround for our techs to enable when they go onsite using the digital input override. If we reboot the Cerbo or if we remote in, we need to navigate back to the menus from the settings screen. Any way to default to the menus?

Investigating in dbus-spy we have the following:

Settings/Gui/AutoBrightness 1

Settings/Gui/Brightness 15

Settings/Gui/DefaultOverview OverviewHub

Settings/Gui/DemoMode 0

Settings/Gui/DisplayOff 0

Settings/Gui/Language en

Settings/Gui/MobileOverview 1

Settings/Gui/StartWithMenuView 1

Settings/Gui/TanksOverview 0

Settings/Gui/TouchEnabled 0

I have tried to set the StartWithMenuView set to 1 (from 0) and it showed no difference. I do not know the proper values for DefaultOverview. Does anyone have any insight r can they point me to any docs to explain what these options do? Thank you.

John

gui mods
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jkoffler avatar image
jkoffler answered ·

All-

I finally had time to circle back to this and in case someone needs this information in the future, here is what I found out and what we implemented to make sure someone couldn't just add a screen to our units and gain access.

1. You cannot set the screen to the tile interface mode with TouchEnabled = 0.

2. The value of Settings/Gui/DefaultOverview contains the last screen you were on in the Pages display mode. I set this value to OverviewHub.

3. The value of Settings/Gui/StartWithMenuView = 0 will enable Pages display mode. If this is set to one you'll drop directly to the Device List.

4. The value of Settings/Gui/TouchEnabled = 1 initially in order to kill the gui and allow the above changes to take effect. Sleep for 10-15 seconds and then set to 0.

5. We set one of the digital inputs so a field tech can override if needed locally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I developed a script to do the following:

- set TouchEnabled = 0, Set DefaultOverview = OverviewHub and StartWithMenuView = 0

- kill gui (must be root to do this)

- sleep 20 seconds, set TouchEnabled = 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I run this initially as root from /etc/rc.local and I have a crontab entry the runs hourly. So far, this works for everyone and I do have monitoring software checking the status of those settings so if someone is in there we know it. The good part is we are still able to remotely access the console and navigate using the virtual touchpad. Hope this is helpful.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic