question

arildo avatar image
arildo asked

How to wire Multiplus in an IT network

If I got the wring diagram of the Multiplus right, it says that the neutral output terminal is connected to the chassis through a relay, which will open when an external AC source is connected through AC in. Meaning it will be normally closed in an off grid system, and open e.g. when the generator is running.

Now, if I want an IT net I don't want that connection between neutral and earth. How can I avoid it? Not connecting the chassis to earth would not be according to code as this is needed for equipotential bonding.

It would be easy if I can just not connect the PE condutor to the output terminal, but it seems the connection is made internally of the Multiplus. Am I wrong?

system designGrounding
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
delf67 avatar image
delf67 answered ·

ground-relay.jpgThere is an option in the multiplus settings to inhibit the ground relay when inverting.

ground-relay.jpg (193.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

That is only for specific use cases where an external relay is going to be used:

Ground relay (see appendix B)

With this relay, the neutral conductor of the AC output is grounded to the chassis when the AC input relays are open. This ensures the correct operation of earth leakage circuit breakers in the AC output.

For specific configurations, such as a split-phase system with an autotransformer, an external ground relay may be necessary. To use an external relay, first, disable the internal ground relay in the MultiPlus settings. For the location of the external ground relay contacts, see Appendix A.

0 Likes 0 ·
arildo avatar image
arildo answered ·

Thanks. That will do the trick.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic