question

njordan avatar image
njordan asked

Pylontech US2000C - physical stacking (6x) ????

I have 4 times US2000C physically just stacked one on top of the next with a space of 3cm in between. I now expand to 6times US2000C....with bracket syytem from Pylontech there is the warning to not stack more than 4 of them.

Is this also important to consider when just putting one ove the other one? is there any harm i could see???? in terms of mechanical issues? so without brackets, just put them stacked with a little space in between by e.g. aluminium bars in between.

Thanks for your experience/expertise....

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

You should probably contact energysynt with your questions. It's their batteries. They should know what's best for them.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

thanks, but seriously - what will they tell you. For sure its inappropriate to just stack them one over the other. They would never tell you to simply put them without rack or brackets. in my case its a safe place but i wanted to understand if this "never go above 4" has only to do with the brackets that would most likely not hold the high weight from 4 more batteries on top....which i guess.

I mostly hoped that someone experienced tells me that it works and this 4 batteries limit is ment for bracket assembly.

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

@njordan As as far as best practices and manufacturer's recommendations go. This is taken from the US5000 manual. Products are designed to be used only as per the manufacturer's documentation for various valid reasons including warranty, to maintain the integrity of each module, allowing airflow unit etc. I will rather see it mounted upright. Don't forget, were you to suffer a failure, possibly even resulting in a fire, a non-compliant installation may just see your insurer walking away, leaving you with a much larger bill than the initial outlay of a couple of brackets or suitable rack. 1707666006682.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1707666006682.png (149.3 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@njordan

Not a simple question to answer, it may have something to do with the bracket weight limit. And then there is compression and weight distribution and distortion in the stack.

It has some to do with the amount of compression on the pouch cells. Compression in cells affects performance and life span.

Some racking affects where the pressure is placed, and then some brackets just could not handle the weight (think of the one at the bottom) I don't know what brackets you have exactly.

Better to move to a rack/cabinet when moving to bigger stack.

I am not an authority in Pylontec just my 2c from a sort of engineering viewpoint.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

You can stand them up, just make sure nothing can get into the Comms ports.

0 Likes 0 ·
regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

@njordan

"thanks, but seriously - what will they tell you."

I was serious, nor will I tell you to do something outside the manufacturer's installation guideline in a public forum. If you want to find out what they–the manufacturer–will tell you then my advice remains the same. Just remember, if something goes wrong with the installation and causes any sort of damage it's YOUR work that'll be scrutinized.

2 |3000

njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

thanks to all your comments, also the critical ones. especially i learnt that from pylontech's perspective its allowed to make them all face upward. which also has the advantage that its not so easy to break a cable,.... when moving too close carelessly.

Best wishes. Norbert

2 |3000