question

wjf avatar image
wjf asked

MQTT support x509?

Hello Community. We are wondering if the Victron MQTT supports x509 certification? If so, secondary question. What information or documentation can you share on this?

Thanks team!

MQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @WJF

I cant help much with specifics as not familiar with using x509 and mqtt, but i can maybe point you in the direction of information.

Venus os is very open, you can find most of the code on victron's github page.

So you can probably customise at the very least the local mqtt server to your needs by editing /etc/mosquitto config files on venus os and then also the python drivers that send data to the mqtt server.

/opt/victronenergy/dbus-mqtt.

One thing to flag is I've heard that mosquitto is being phased out for flashMQ in the newer versions of venus of:

Replace Mosquitto with FlashMQ · Issue #1098 · victronenergy/venus · GitHub

However the code is still available but is in c++ rather than the original python driver.

GitHub - victronenergy/dbus-flashmq: Plugin for FlashMQ that interfaces between DBUS and MQTT.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wjf avatar image wjf commented ·
Thanks for your words @matt1309
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources