question

daza avatar image
daza asked

DVCC control

Hi Guys I’m trying to change DVCC in the summer and winter months with twist the summer months I need it to not limit the DVCC when it gets to 23:00 so it can full charge via the grid at 23:30. I have the summer and winter months on a cron can anyone help as I’m a noob regarding all of this. I have AC solar

img-4534.jpeg
img-4533.jpeg
img-4532.jpeg

dvcc control for solar
img-4534.jpeg (5.4 MiB)
img-4533.jpeg (4.3 MiB)
img-4532.jpeg (3.7 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

One other thing to note. Atm your setup changes dvcc once at that specific time.

You may want to edit this for additional safety so that it runs multiple times in that interval.

What I mean is say you gx device goes down due to power outage or something like that at 11.29 and turns back on at 11.31.

The node won't execute as iy wasn't running at the specified 11.30. So you may want to edit cron to send it a few times throughout the period say send the message ever 30mins between the period want. So if there. Is an issue with power outage it self corrects after a max 30mins or whatever time interval. You specify if that makes sense

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daza avatar image daza commented ·
Yes makes sense mate. Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Daza

At the moment what you're cron node is doing is forwarding msg.payload on that cron time period you've set.

What I would do is tweak this and rather than passing default payload you instead pass the number you want to limit the dvcc to.

ie 1705861602419.png

Ignore the cron interval mine is just an example, this will now pass 90 to the next node.

Your next node being the Victron settings node with dvcc max charge current select.

You could then add another schedule to change the DVCC back to whatever you want during the day. Similarly for winter months. So you can have all the schedules in one node.

1705861602419.png (29.1 KiB)
2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@matt1309 ok cool thanks so I pass it as a number Victron settings but then isn’t that’s flow complete and I have to do another?

This is all new to me as a noob, so how do I get the months on? How do I change it back when not required? Do I just put them running parallel?

i got the victron settings but couldn’t stitch anything else to it.

2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Normally yes. But looks like that cron node let's you set multiple schedules. So either have them in parallel or just add multiple schedules in the one node given it's supported

So I'd add another schedule with a different number to send to the venus settings.

I couldn't tell you the cron expression for March to September at 11.30pm but should be easy for Google or chatgpt..

So you'd have 3 schedules say:

1. Everyday at 11.30pm in summer you want limit to the 100

2. Then everyday at 8am in summer you want limit to 50

3. Then winter you want limit 50.

2 |3000

jason-lane avatar image
jason-lane answered ·

Instead of using the Cron node, you could try BigTimer. It's a very flexible node for running things on a schedule.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic