question

daza avatar image
daza asked

Solar DVCC Charge Control

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) and the Victron Team is it possible that you guys can setup a solar button that when pressed lowers the DVCC charge current to the batteries for for the day and then reverts it to full charge at night so it can charge from the grid as my solar use is worth more than what I can charge my batteries for.

So maybe it’s called solar DVCC charge schedule or something so everyday it will reduce the charge current in the day and then change at night or a set time? Can we please make this happen?

solar charge shedule
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Daza,

It's unlikely a feature like this will be added to normal user interface.

However, this kind of request is EXACTLY why Node RED support was added.

It allows for this kind of custom configuration to be set up on a per user basis today.

To get started check out the node red resources in the side bar of the topic here - https://community.victronenergy.com/topics/4571/Node-RED.html

And feel free to open a new request for help in the modifications space if you get stuck.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Just a suggestion if you have a multi or quattro in the system then in ve configure under advanced . this may help . ???? PS its only in the latter units fw for the units I think 506 and higher, so you might have to update the fw

1705296180995.png

1705296180995.png (114.6 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

daza avatar image daza commented ·

cheers @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) and @Paul B yeah i have the a new multi but wanted to move away from doing it all with the cable and the chances of me forgetting to set it back that night or not at home at the time, so its got to be a remote feature, thanks though. I was hopping it wouldn't boil down to NodeRed as ive not got a clue ive looked at webinars and other YouTubes they may as well be talking a different language :( lol

0 Likes 0 ·
Please give it a go, I am happy to help fill in the gaps with better documentation at the parts where you get stuck.

It really is the solution for things like this, and it's an opportunity to bring down some of the barriers for other people as well. It just takes motivation.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic