question

oomac avatar image
oomac asked

Why do I have to disengage Engine detection shutdown to get full charge from Orion 12/12-30

The Orion is only putting in about 14amps with both the Smart LifePro4 preset and Factory default settings. If I disable the Engine Shutdown detection the output increases to 28 amps. My input voltage is 13.5 so I tried leaving the Engine Shutdown Detection enabled and reduced the Delayed Shutdown Voltage to various settings below the preset 13.8v. All that did was reduce the input voltage and no change in output. My system is in a caravan, charging 2 x 270ah lithium batteries in parallel.. the charge vehicle is a 1995 Land Rover Defender with a non smart alternator. Could this issue have something to do with the battery isolator/charger controlling the the 2 agm batteries in the Land Rover?

Would there be a problem if I disable the Engine Shutdown Detection once I’ve started the vehicle the enable it after the days driving before I turn off the vehicle?

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers