question

abaco avatar image
abaco asked

MK3 USB stopped working (3different systems + 2 different laptops)

Hey, anybody has the same issue? Did configurations 3 days ago on 2 different systems with 2 individual MK3 - everything worked. Today I got the usb driver error. Reinstalled everything, manually updated the drivers - still the same problem. Changed laptop other windows, same story - what can I do now?

mk3-usb
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@abaco

If you are comfortable, you crack it open sometimes through handling the cable breaks off the board inside. Needs a re solder.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

abaco avatar image abaco commented ·

2 different adapters - same problem, same day aftervictron app update - other problem

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ abaco commented ·

It doesn't seem to be a Victron software/program/driver problem. There aren't any other complaints here on the forum. I personally have not had any problems.

If anything you can use a smart phone and an otg.

You can test the MK3 by plugging it into the ve bus on the GX. It should be recognised as an inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·
abaco avatar image abaco Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thank you for your help, problem just solved - I tried different MK3 and different PCs but the problem was the usb cable :-)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic