question

uccay avatar image
uccay asked

How to Use data for different project platform?

Actually, we have an additional question;

Firstly, i want to mention that we are working on a platform which includes different information coming from different equipments other than CCGX via standart GSM Router. Therefore, i want to transfer meaningful data from CCGX to my project platform. However, I cannot handle the integration between offline victron connect app. or VRM portal with my project platform. So, if it is possible, I want to use sqlite data directly in my project platform and translate to meaningful information that I don't know how.

Secondly, I read from victron energy webpage that there is one more solution with modbus communication, however, it requires modbus gateway which adds more cost that I dont want.

Finally, as briefly explain, I have router and platform on my sites including not only victron equipment but also others. however, I can only track real time data from VRM portal or Victron Connect apps that is hard to integrate to my project.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Best Regards,

TCP IP Networking
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
hobohome avatar image
hobohome answered ·

I think that MQTT is what you are looking for.

The CCGX has an inbuilt MQTT broker, so it is just a case of connecting to that broker and subscribing to the topics that you need. I use the MQTT broker in my Venus GX to supply real-time data to a larger control system (that logs to MySQL) - this system provides detailed historic graphing as well as detailed fault and performance monitoring and reporting.

Be aware that the Venus MQTT broker requires a keep-alive topic write at least every minute to keep the broker from going to sleep. There is good documentation on this in the Venus docs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic