question

powerhungry avatar image
powerhungry asked

What VE cables will I need for my setup?

I'm going to buy a MultiPlus II 48/3000, a Cerbo GX and a SmartShunt. I will also be configuring assistants on the MultiPlus device using VEConfigure. What VE cables will I need to connect the MultiPlus and the Smartshunt with the cerbo GX and for using VEConfigure?

Are any of these cables included with these products or can I make them myself? I have an RJ45 crimping tool and some spare Ethernet cable.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxSmartShuntVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Neither cable is supplied.

You'll need one VE.Direct cable for the shunt. I'd suggest you don't try and make this.

The Cerbo multiplus connection is standard fully wired ethernet/RJ45. You can make this yourself and I've used home made in my van for a couple of years without problems. But if not 100% you'll have problems. Good connections are essential.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

powerhungry avatar image powerhungry commented ·
Thanks for answering my question. Will an off the shelf 4 pin JST cable work as a VE.Direct cable?

And in order to use VEConfigure should I get a VE.bus to USB cable?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ powerhungry commented ·
Not sure about the VE direct cable. Google's your friend.

For VE Configure, MK3 to USB adapter.

1 Like 1 ·