question

Ayoze avatar image
Ayoze asked

MQTT changes are reflected in MQTT Explorer but not in the Cerbo GX UI

Im not able to integrate succesfully MQTT with Home Assistant. For example, Im playing with the MaxDiscargePower. I have the next facts:

- When I modify the setting with the Cerbo UX, the changes are shown in HA really quick.

- When I modify the settings using Home Assistant MQTT, Im able to see the changes with MQTT Explorer but not in the Cerbo GX UI and for sure, the Victron doesnt not behave as expected.

This is an example with MaxDischargePower=100 with HA:

1701878014936.png

MQTT command:

Strange behavior

MQTThome assistant
1701878014936.png (89.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Ayoze avatar image
Ayoze answered ·
Solved, thanks for your help. It was a missing configuration in the broker bridge, the W topic was missing
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ayoze avatar image
Ayoze answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Moved to modifications space. Hope you get an answer there.
1 Like 1 ·
Ayoze avatar image Ayoze kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
thanks a lot.
0 Likes 0 ·
colin-jones avatar image
colin-jones answered ·

The command topic needs to be W/my-id/settings........ rather than R/my-id/.... when you are publishing to the venus mqtt server.

Regards

4 comments
2 |3000

Ayoze avatar image Ayoze commented ·

I tested also W and the same result.. I played with R and W. Do you have other idea? Im running the v3.12 Cerbo version

0 Likes 0 ·
Ayoze avatar image Ayoze commented ·

1702417455236.png

This is the example

0 Likes 0 ·
1702417455236.png (75.5 KiB)
gharshaw avatar image gharshaw Ayoze commented ·
Try removing the “victron/“. I don’t believe that is necessary
2 Likes 2 ·
hominidae avatar image hominidae gharshaw commented ·
or rather enable bi-directional bridge with HA.

The broker on the GX itself does not have a leading topic , like "victron"...I believe this gets introduced when bridging with the HA broker.

Either publish (W) to the GX Broker directly or enable the bridge in HA to work both ways.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron MQTT readme

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic