question

ian0 avatar image
ian0 asked

MQTT parameters

Is there a document which lists the parameters which can be changed by MQTT? (I'm mainly interested in Quattro/Multiplus parameters)

MQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

GitHub - victronenergy/dbus-mqtt: Venus OS service mapping the D-Bus on Venus OS to MQTT

The above explains how victron use MQTT/topic layout.

I use that in addition to: dbus · victronenergy/venus Wiki · GitHub

TO find the topics i wanted. I believe in other topics people have also mentioned the Modbus TCP registers list to be useful. This can be found on victrons white paper section (where manuals are)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ian0 avatar image
ian0 answered ·

Many thanks for that. @Elvis 's post listing the MODBUS parameters seems to have disappeared, but I had already downloaded them.

It would appear that on a Quattro I'm limited to changing the mode, (as on the front panel switch) and limiting the AC input current; and for that it's not worth going to the trouble of sorting out the MQTT interface. It appears as though the selection is exactly the same as on Ve.Can (I'm not surprised about that)

I am surprised that VebusSetChargeState is not allowed, as that can be done via the Mk2.2b RS232 interface, but not via Ve.Can.

2 |3000

Related Resources