question

petrkazda avatar image
petrkazda asked

What can limit battery charging from grid?

I have 3P system with Multiplus II and Pylontech baterries with ESS. When I want to charge from grid it goes 1500W at maximum. I went through all obvious settings, there are no limits set anywhere.

Can you tell me which settings can control the charging power/current? Thanks.

battery chargingESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@petr.kazda

By obvious do you mean input current limit, DVCC limits, CCL from the battery. Actual programmed amps on the inverter?

It can also be like that if the voltage from grid is low and weak AC is checked.

Are you using a grid code?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

czauto avatar image
czauto answered ·

Also check your input current limiter. If it's set very low the MPII wil limit the shore current and only charge the batteries accordingly.

2 |3000

kenzo avatar image
kenzo answered ·

From my observations, if your CVL is (somewhat) close to your actual voltage, it may limit your current as well.

2 |3000