question

tarifa-john avatar image
tarifa-john asked

100/20 MPPT

Why is it that my MPPT charge controller wattage increases a lot when I turn on my van ignition ...I have it connected via the Bluetooth app on my phone...I have two 100 watt panels...I might be getting say 50 watt reading on the phone app and when I turn on the van ignition it jumps a lot higher to maybe 80watts...why is this ?

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi TJ. Without knowing your setup, it would appear your ignition is applying a load (as they do in themselves) to the batt at the end of the mppt.

If the mppt is in an Absorb or Float situation (as is it's target), then that load would drop the batt V, and the mppt is stepping up to cover it.

I've applied conditions there, but if they're met, then that's what you want to happen. Perfectly normal and working well..

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tarifa-john avatar image tarifa-john commented ·

Thank you for your help...that does make sense now ...I were unsure why it was happening

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic