question

solomon-toner avatar image
solomon-toner asked

Multiplus g98 certificate

Is there or will there be a g98 type test certificate for a multiplus 1600/24/40? I can see a g59 for it but that's no longer valid for a new installation in the UK

dno certificationg98
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
iammotorhomeless avatar image
iammotorhomeless answered ·

I have not seen any 24v systems on the type test register
and the smallest one is a 48/3000

And I just had to go and look again. the G98 is for systems that don't have a type test certificate
if it had a certificate it would be a G99

unless I am wrong :/

have you spoken to your local DNO Planning and Design team
they will let you know what you need

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solomon-toner avatar image
solomon-toner answered ·

hey! Thanks for answering.

I believe the g98 are the requirements for type tested inverters, so it needs a certificate. Furthermore, any micro-generating system of less than 16A (my system) has to comply with g98, as I understand.

screenshot-from-2023-11-04-14-11-00.png

Yeah I contacted the DNO, I'll see what they say...

1 comment
2 |3000

iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless commented ·

@Solomon Toner

My DNO is NG, and the rules seem to be differant now, even after only 6 months of me submitting mine

If the generation unit is type tested, you will not need to submit an application. Please just submit a ‘Commissioning’ form when you are done.
NG web page
https://connections.nationalgrid.co.uk/get-connected/solar-and-wind/micro-generation-single-g98/

I know you have a 24V system, but as the 48/3000 are down to below £700, and are on the type test register... I'd look at switching to 48V

it would be easier, maybe cheaper in the long run
and if you wanted to upgrade later, a pair of 48/3000 would run a small house :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic