question

everlongsailing avatar image
everlongsailing asked

Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC Charger Non-Isolated not working.

Victron Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC Charger Non-Isolated

We have 2 of these on our boat and this year when we recommissioned, I reconnected them and all was well for about 2 days. Then they both dropped from the Victron connect app and are not charging the house bank.

I have checked and there is 12.57 volts on the input and 13.2 volts on the output (this is as it has been for the past 2 years). I also noticed that both the blue and green LEDs are flashing very quickly. (they are very dim as well)

I have tried disconnecting the power for several minutes and restarting but I get the same result each time with the LEDs flashing very quickly. I did search for this problem and have seen similar question but no solutions. Is it possible to physically connect to this device to check it out further?

Thanks

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sounds like your input is too low. Either weak source or wiring faults/resistance/corrosion.

A screen shot from Victron connect would help.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.